Coaster offers driver monitoring services to users of the Website and/or users of the mobile application (the “Application”) (collectively referred to as the “Services”).
● the information that Coaster collects from users;
● how that information is used by Coaster; and
● the rights and options available to users.
The Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not download the Application or use the Services.
Information that is being collected
The categories of information collected by Coaster will include all or just some of the following, depending on how you choose to use the Services.
Whenever you use the Services, Coaster will collect:
Data collected via sensors – our services are based on one or more sensors or use the sensors of the devices they run on. Examples of sensors are GPS receivers, accelerometers, and G-force sensors. Depending on the purpose for which it was captured, this data along with data that identifies you, your device, or Application instance can be sent to Coaster and others for subsequent use.
Metadata – information such as a driver identifier, fleet identifier, and timestamps.
Uses of information
Coaster may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
● to provide you with the Services. For example, Coaster may use your location and motion sensors to detect and display driving events
● to improve the experience of other users. For example, Coaster may distribute driving events to other vehicles in your group or fleet;
● to create aggregate and/or anonymous data (where such data does not enable the identification of a specific user). See “How does Coaster use aggregated information”, below;
● to conduct surveys and questionnaires;
● to enforce the Terms of Service;
● to contact you when Coaster believes it to be necessary;
● to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Coaster has a good faith belief that Coaster’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
Meta-data that we collect
Coaster collects information about the use of the Services. For example, Coaster may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, the duration of your sessions, information about the device on which you have installed the Application, the web pages that you visit via the Application, information that you read, content that you use or create, advertisements that you view or click on, the Internet protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the Services, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to log-in.
Accessing the Services
In order to access certain features of the Services (for example, Fleet Identifier), you may need to set up an identifier. Coaster may also establish and require from time to time additional or different means of identification and authentication for logging in and accessing the Services or for accessing certain features or designated sections of the Services.
Your identifier and log-in details are your responsibility. You are fully accountable for any use or misuse of your Account and personal details as a result of conveying your details to someone else. You must maintain your log-in details in absolute confidentiality and avoid disclosing them to others.
Sharing information with others
Coaster does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
Coaster will not share your personal information with others, without your consent, except for the following purposes and to the extent necessary in Coaster’s good-faith discretion:
● as necessary for the operation of the Services. For example, sharing your driving events associated with your driver identifier, fleet identifier, and/or username and the driving event location;
● If Coaster reasonably believes that you have breached the Terms of Service, or abused your rights to use the Services, or performed any act or omission that Coaster reasonably believes to be violating any applicable law, rules, or regulations. Coaster may share your information in these cases, with law enforcement agencies and other competent authorities and with any third party as may be required to handle any result of your wrongdoing;
● If Coaster is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
● In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Coaster, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
● In any case where Coaster reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
● For facilitating the Service and to store your data on servers.
● To collect, hold, and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to Coaster, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including but not limited to the United States of America.
● Coaster may also share personal information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with Coaster, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies. Personal information may also be shared with Coaster’s other partners and service providers to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
How does Coaster use aggregated information?
Coaster may use anonymous, statistical, or aggregated information (including anonymous location information), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial, and statistical purposes.
Coaster may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting, or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services’ providers, partners, and any other third party. For example, driving events may be provided to a municipality in an aggregated and/ or anonymous form to help improve the traffic, transportation infrastructure, and/or risk problems.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer’s hard drive. If you wish to block the Website’s cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website, or certain features thereof.
Coaster may permit, solicit or contract certain other companies to conduct advertising campaigns on the Services.
The information and advertisements that you see when accessing the Services may be targeted on the basis of:
- geographic or contextual information which we collect from you; and
- information received from third party partners;
Coaster implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although Coaster takes great efforts to protect your personal information, Coaster cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that Coaster’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Last modified: May 20th, 2017